Friday 28 June 2013

Book of the Month: June


I'm away for the weekend so thought I'd do Book of the Month a few days early. And so, my book of the month for June is...

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard 
Recently, I've developed a new love for road-trip/travel books and this one fits the bill. Not many books manage to make me cry, especially because of their sweetness (though, I must admit, I cry more at happy movies than sad ones... I'm weird) but this one succeeded. It could have won book of the month just from gaining an emotional response from me, as a book that can do that must be something truly special. But it was also well-written, contained likeable, relatable characters and was something different. A beautiful story about letting go and finding yourself.

My review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/628609210





Runners Up:  

Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins (Hex Hall #2)
 
This book just seemed, on the whole, more developed than the first one (which I loved anyway). A really fun read.



 
Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell
The characters make this book shine. 

My review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/546792405


 
Entwined by Heather Dixon 
 
A great retelling of a fairytale. Filled with magic, romance and mystery.

My review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/544989157


2 comments:

  1. Intrigued by 'Entwined!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the comment! You should give it a read! I really enjoyed it. If you like fairytales, mystery and a sprinkle of romance you should totally check it out! :)

      Delete